Enduring Commitments in the Management of Chemicals
Vertellus is proud to participate in the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care® initiative. Our industry creates products and services that make life better for people around the world – both today and tomorrow. The benefits of our industry are accompanied by enduring commitments to responsible care in the management of chemicals worldwide. We will make continuous progress toward the vision of no accidents, injuries or harm to the environment and will publicly report our global health, safety and environmental performance. We pledge to operate our companies in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy and the environment while adhering to the following principles:
- To lead our companies in ethical ways that increasingly benefit society, the economy and the environment.
- To design and develop products that can be manufactured, transported, used and disposed of or recycled safely.
- To work with customers, carriers, suppliers, distributors and contractors to foster the safe and secure use, transport and disposal of chemicals and provide hazard and risk information that can be accessed and applied in their operations and products.
- To design and operate our facilities in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
- To instill a culture throughout all levels of our organizations to continually identify, reduce and manage process safety risks.
- To promote pollution prevention, minimization of waste and conservation of energy and other critical resources at every stage of the life cycle of our products.
- To cooperate with governments at all levels and organizations in the development of effective and efficient safety, health, environmental and security laws, regulations and standards.
- To support education and research on the health, safety, environmental effects and security of our products and processes.
- To communicate product, service and process risks to our stakeholders and listen to and consider their perspectives.
- To make continual progress towards our goal of no accidents, injuries or harm to human health and the environment from our products and operations and openly report our health, safety, environmental and security performance.
- To seek continual improvement in our integrated Responsible Care Management System® to address environmental, health, safety and security performance.
- To promote Responsible Care® by encouraging and assisting others to adhere to these Guiding Principles.
Vertellus Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Performance Policy
Vertellus is committed to the health, safety, process safety and security of our employees, operations and communities. We are committed to the protection of the environment and compliance with the legal and Responsible Care®-related requirements to which our operations are subject. It is each employee’s responsibility to continuously improve our health, safety, security and environmental performance using the Guiding Principles of Responsible Care®. Our commitment to sustainable development, manufacture, distribution, use and disposal of our products is global.